News and Publications
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our longtime friend and colleague, Karen White.
Over a nearly 40-year career with the Stoller Group and, later, the Stoller Foundation, Karen served with humility, selflessness, and a strong sense of loyalty and compassion toward her friends and colleagues. Her tenure with the Stoller family of companies took Karen to multiple countries around the world, a tradition she continued on many missions trips in her later years.
Karen was born as the second of four siblings into the Watson family of Hillsboro, TX on May 23, 1948. Her father’s career in construction took the Watsons all over the U.S., with stints in Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Illinois. Throughout her itinerant childhood, Karen was known for being quiet, studious, and ladylike. But she also possessed a strong work ethic and a great sense of responsibility. These later qualities served her well when she joined Stoller Enterprises in the 1970’s as the Executive Assistant to Jerry Stoller.
Following a multi-decade tenure with Stoller Enterprises, Karen took a short retirement, but then returned to join the fledgling Stoller Foundation at its inception in 2011. Serving as Trustee and Office Manager, Karen helped the Foundation start four unique non-profits and partner with several more in its mission to share the Christian Gospel through volunteerism.
Karen’s deep faith, easy laugh and genuine warmth towards others will be dearly missed in our hallways. Her contributions to the Stoller Group and Stoller Foundation have seen both organizations grow in their impact and reach, and are a considerable part of her legacy of faithful service. In many ways, she’s been the heart of our organizations, and we’re thankful for the time she shared with us.
Godspeed and Rest in Peace, Karen White.
-The Stoller Family
-Here's the latest on the Foundation's partners. Click here to view our 2016 Q1 Report.
-We took time to review all of 2015 to see the progress our initiatives and grantees have been making in their communities. See the results here in our 2015 End of Year Report.
-Catch up on our grantees' and initiatives' third quarter results in our Q3 2015 Report.
-Quarter 2 was a busy one for the Foundation and its partners-- find out about the progress our grantees and initiatives are making with our Q2 2015 Report!
-For the second year in a row, the Foundation is partnering with 26 Houston-area ministries and churches to send underprivileged kids to camp! Find out more about our partners here, and watch this clip from our interview with Fox 26.
-We made a great deal of progress with our initiatives and grantees during the first quarter of the year, and now we're proud to share it with you. Read more in the Q1 2015 Report!
-2014 was a big year for the Foundation, as we launched our first initatives while continuing to accelerate our grant partners. Read about our impact in the 2014 End-of-Year Report!
-Read our November Update here!
- Nabor House Community was profiled in the Memorial Examiner. Learn more about their impact in the Spring Branch neighborhood!
-Read our October update here!
- Presenting our Monthly Updates, where we bring you up to speed on our in-house initiatives. Read September's editon here!
- The Foundation helped 640 Houston youth attend Christian camps across Texas this summer, with many making decisions for Christ. Read more, including some powerful testimonies, in our Summer Camp Report.
- Our founder, Jerry Stoller, was featured in the 75th Anniversary edition of the Nabor House Nubbins Magazine. Nabor House is a Christian cooperative agricultural fraternity at the University of Illinois. Click here to read the article.
- We presented our mid-year report to the board of trustees. Celebrate stories of success with our grant partners, find out about upcoming initatives, and find out more about the future of the Foundation here.